Question

latest version

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

The latest version xxxxxx.08 lacks the polish and seamless performance I’ve expected from Sonos.
Finally spoke to Support after 2 hours and 5 minutes on hold.

Firstly ALL previous Sonos Playlists have disappeared and told ‘they will come later’. What? Who in their right mind would provide an upgrade and remove previous features without comment.

Performed a remote reset and before it was complete, the Support person said, ‘ all good, have a nice day’ and hung up. Problems still remain but will I put up with another 2 hour wait? Certainly not!

Still slow and unresponsive and previous version quickly recognized when the TV was connected and the sound dutifully came through speakers immediately.

Now it reverts to TV Audio by itself even with the TV off and of course the music stops.

This is a shamble, no less.

2 replies

Further to my frustrations mentioned earlier; the Sonos Support person suggested the update for Sonos Playlists ( all my earlier playlists are nowhere to be seen now) will be coming later.

Well, I tested the functionality of Sonos Favourites with latest version and you can still create a favourite or playlist.

What he did in fact was obfuscate; the functionality is still there, Sonos just didn’t bring forward saved data, in fact, deleted earlier playlists.

Question: are Support staff complicit in covering up upgrade oversights?

Since the latest update my Sonos is not working.

Today, 28th May I rang Support and they’re ‘offline’. Message suggested a Support Chat which was next to useless and then suggested a ‘live chat’ because the Bot couldn’t solve the issue.

Live Chat referred me to the phone. Very much a circular Help Line.

Bottom line, I’m sitting here with a Sonos system which was working perfectly before the update, now I have nothing. No music at all and worse, no Support.

internet and Wi-Fi reception is perfect.