Skip to main content

latest update is terrible (15.5)

The latest app update is terrible. My system freezes and stops regularly. The que empties itself. Freezing and dropping all of the time. My network is fine, pushing more than 200 mb per sec. I have reset everything multiple times. I have deleted and re downloaded the app multiple times. Sonos roll this back until you have something that works. I would never ever recommend anyone buy into this ecosystem. (Luckily when I avoid the Sonos app and use airplay it still works!) this is 100% a Sonos issue. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

If it is 100% a Sonos issue, wouldn’t everyone on 15.5 be experiencing the same problems as you?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yup

And yet we’re not. Seems odd. 

What part of your network is pushing 200mb per second? How do you measure that?  Is that from your router to an outside point, or from your Sonos speaker to your router, where most (but not all) wifi interference exists?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Problems after an Update are nearly always down to duplicate IP Addresses, as the update reboots your Sonos devices.  Please see my post: 

The result of a speed test is not a very reliable indicator of network health.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

UKMedia I will try this. Thanks