Skip to main content
Question

Latest iOS controller app omits Sonos favorites available on Windows version

• 2 June 2024
  • 0 replies

I installed the Sonos controller update on my iPad Mini (with current OS) and found it now could not play some radio stations. They were still available on the Windows 10 and 11 controllers.

What happened was that clicking the Play arrow on the iPad started an animated circle within the arrow which never stopped. I think this problem was limited to stations marked "TuneIn" as opposed to "Sonos", but not certain.

I was able to add new favorites, sometimes the same station like KQAC, as a "Sonos Radio Station" and they appeared on both Windows and the iPad and seem to work OK.
Other stations (WMNR for example) existed only to be selected as "TuneIn" but with a difference: the stream now came filled with advertising.

I have left the old WMNR favorite in place to avoid the ads; curiously it still appears as a Favorite on my up-to-date Windows-based Sonos controller, but is absent from the list on the iPad.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.