Skip to main content

last upgrade

• 31 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Sonos managed to change an easy to manage app into a complex maze. It is a downgrade. Please fix it. I knew how bad it was. Unfortunately pressed the upgrade by mistake….  I am paying. 

Since the last upgrade we have problem with all the differents platform. iPhone, iPad and MacBook are all erratic. We have 4 speakers, amp and a roam. We can’t control the volume, change the music or close the system.

Since the latest update to the “new and improved” app all the albums in my library that contain multiple artist have been “exploded” to list a new album for each artist in every compilation album in my library.

So where a used to have a single album I now have 12 versions of each compilation album. 

There was no problem with this in the previous incarnation of the app (you know, the one that actually worked). This is truly astonishing. An app of pre beta quality is released with hundreds of problems and the “update” to an already terrible app not only leaves problem unsolved for months, but manages to incorporate additional problems. Nice work team!