Skip to main content

It‘s not always the CEO …

• 1 June 2024
  • 3 replies

… but when project management fails, release management is a disaster and crisis management is simply non-existent, then the CEO is called upon - but where is he? Sitting out problems has always been the worst strategy. Now it should be up to the Board of Directors ...

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

He’s being very sensible and keeping his head down. He has already spoken about this as much as he is going to, and has been very careful not to apologise so as not to give any indication of culpability in a world of litigation. He won’t be ‘sitting out problems’ - he is just not answerable specifically to anyone on this forum. He has commissioned his team to fix the app (four updates in 16 days at last count) and is doubtless behaving as his PR and legal team are advising. 

And he will have the full support of the board of directors, who will be across all of these actions being taken to remedy the multiple issues. 

It won’t be to the Sonos Forum Mob’s liking, but that’s business. 

I suspect you are right in your assessment and I have no doubt that the software problems discussed here (rightly) will be solved in a few weeks. But after this release chaos and the S1/S2 debacle, I would expect Sonos management to have (finally) learned something from history and to establish a covernance that prevents such failures in the future. I would be more than satisfied. 

Badge

The CEO and Board set the agenda and the operating environment within which all employees should work! They have failed miserably and should be held to account. I’m sure thousands of customers will never touch Sonos again, and if they are a listed stock I dare say the shareholders must also be hopping mad!

The expression ‘not on my watch’ is there for a good reason!

it’s a complete disaster and breaks the most basic rule of business being not to pee off the customers! Boy have they failed in doing that!