Question

Issue with YouTube Music

• 18 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I have just transferred my library to YouTube Music and I'm now having playback issues.

When playing music back in the library (and only the library other music offered by YouTube plays fine}. I start getting coding errors after a minute or so and then at around the 2 minutes 50 seconds mark the music track stops and skips to the next track.

Ive tested the same tracks in the YouTube Music app on my android tablet and also going back to Google Play music app within Sonos and they play normally.

My diagnostic code is 495571049

SONOS S2 v12.0.2

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @SPIKE-UK.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I would suggest trying adjusting the line-in audio compression first.

Next change the wifi channel to 11.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response

I made the changes as you requested. Unfortunately, it has made no difference what so ever. I've attached a screen shot of the error that flashes up about 30 seconds to a minute before the track stop playing and skips to the next. I'd like to reiterate that it only music in my library that was transfered from Google Play Music. Other music in YouTube Music plays fine and the library also plays as normal in the YouTube Music android app and the library in Google music plays OK on my SONOS devices.

Obviously this is getting urgent as Google Play Music is closing down. I look forward to hearing from you soon? 

Encoding error

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @SPIKE-UK.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Can you please check this link Supported audio formats.

Also, reply here with the diagnostic number and I'll take a look.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What difference would adjusting the line-in compression make?

Hopefully this issue isn't similar to the seemingly everlasting issues with Spotify.

OP, I haven't looked into the options or process yet with Google Play Music - do you add the service to Sonos and it can see the migrated library?  Still works for the uploaded user tracks for free?

Hi @Mark P

As the music is automatically transferred by YouTube Music from Google Play Music. I have no control over how it is encoded. The music was originally in MP3 file coded at  a maximum of 192 kbits when I uploaded it to my Google Play Music account. 

If this is caused by YouTube Music's method of encoding transferred music, can I suggest SONOS open a support request with YouTube because as it stands I won't be able to play any of my library music once Google Play Music goes? 

My latest diagnostic code is 388127605

Similar problem with uploaded tracks that got transfered over from Google Play Music to Youtube - longer tracks will just stop after a few minutes.  They play fine in the YT music app or browser, so I know the data is there.