Skip to main content

Is Sonos App 2 Version 80.00.08 faulty?

• 16 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Is Sonos 2 App version 80.00.08 faulty? 16.05.2024

Eight weeks ago, I purchased a pair of Sonos Move 2 speakers and have been using them as a stereo pair to my satisfaction. However, after updating the Sonos 2 App to version 80.00.08 on my iPhone (iOS version 17.5) today, only the left stereo speaker is functioning.

I’ve tried restarting my iPhone, deleting and reinstalling the Sonos 2 App, and resetting both Move 2 speakers, but the issue persists. In the new app version, I’m unable to connect the two Move 2 speakers as a stereo pair, even though both devices are properly connected to the router and appear as individual devices in the app. Additionally, I couldn’t perform any updates on the speakers.

Since the Move 2 stereo pair worked flawlessly with my iPhone prior to this Sonos 2 App update, it seems there might be an issue with the new app version. I kindly request your technical assistance. 
bedoubleyou

2 replies

Yes, mine cant even pair it up with the new updated app. very disappointed with the update coming from a well-known brand. Would hope sonos team update the app soon to fix it 

It is very frustrating as I had two speakers, both worked perfectly.  I’ve done the update today and added another speaker. All three speakers show within the app but only one will connect.

Nothing I do make any difference.

Sonos, get your act together and sort out the problem.