Answered

Iphone app keeps losing my system

• 30 January 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I used Sonos 1 for years and never had a problem with the app.
I upgraded to Sonos 2 last summer and the app needs to be reset every week - it’s really annoying.

It says it can’t find the system, then the diagnostic finds it, then it asks me to switch the port and the speakers off and switch them on again.

I’m using an iPhone 11 - the app my 6 year old iPad doesn’t seem to have the same problem and can always see the speakers - I’ve restarted the phone and the problem persists so I don’t think it’s the phone that’s at fault.

Some times the app then just finds the speaker an hour later - even though I did nothing - just gave up - another reason I think t’s the app not the phone.

Any ideas ??

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 30 January 2023, 15:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This could easily be a duplicate IP Address issue.  Please see my post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The other possible cause is if you are using a Mesh network?  These will often change channels automatically, if it detects any wi-fi interference.  This will cause Sonos lots of issues and the recommendation is to wire, via an ethernet cable, one of your Sonos devices to the base Mesh node and then remove the wi-fi credentials within the Sonos App.

Thanks @UKMedia - I’m not aware of the router having rebooted on any of the occasions that this has happened but it’s certainly something I’ll check.

I don’t have Mesh but a do have 2 Luxul wireless access points and my Sonos port that keep having the problem is in the same room as one of them.

Hi I am seeing the same problem 

it’s lucky dip when I try to use the App

i have 4 Sonos devices Amp/ Port / Play5 and Move

Some days all show , others just 1 and it’s never the same one.

Yet if I then go to my MacAir M2 all the devices show 

Also I’ve set my Sonos to Google home and if I ask Google to play on any of the Sonos devices it works. 

As an aside if I do use the Mac App then go to iPhone app the devices miraculously appear.

my IPhone 12Pro is on the latest iOS 16.3.1

the Sonos App is 15.1 

all on the same WiFi no mesh no clever stuff. It’s clearly the App 

Come on Sonos give us back the bullet proof App we used to have 

As that is not the case right now 

Duplicate post.