Answered

iOS app services refreshing/blinking

• 25 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello Community,

I have the exact same problem as described in the closed topic “iOS app services refreshing/blinking”.

I can not use the search function on iOS app. When I search it shows the results but they always flash up and when I select the service to show i.e. all albums it flashes back to the main search. I have the exact same problem on multiple iphones but not on the Sonos Mac app.

I tried delete, reboot and reinstall on iphone but without success. I also remove apple music service and put it back in but also no success.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 April 2023, 11:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PrettyFly 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

All the info ever shown in the Sonos app is delivered to it by a Sonos device assigned the status of “Associated Player”. Which device has this designation can be seen in Settings » System » About my System (you’ll see the IP address which can be matched to a particular player further down the page). It may be that a simple reboot of this device will resolve this issue.

Because the app gets all this info from the Associated Player via the router, I also recommend you reboot the router by turning it off for at least 30 seconds.

If you have any WiFi Boosters or WiFi Extenders, please turn these off as they can cause problems for Sonos due to their blocking certain types of data transmission packets.

If none of this resolves your issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer.

I tried rebooting the “associated player” (Sonos One connected via Ethernet) this led to the Sonos system switching to a different Sonos device as associated player (Sonos Beam connected via Ethernet). But the issue persisted.

Then I rebooted my router and after that it worked for a while as it should.

But after an hour or so the issue returned and I tried the same procedure again (Sonos system than switched back to the Sonos one) but without success. It looks like if it is blinking even faster so Apple music is not usable via app.

@PrettyFly 

Maybe get in touch with Sonos’ technical support team that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system - it’s probably connected to your WiFi access points, but see what the Staff say about the matter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PrettyFly 

I concur with @Ken_Griffiths, but before doing so, please try resetting the Sonos app and rebooting the device it resides upon. Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset. Be sure to Connect to Existing System afterwards.

I hope this helps.

When I just wanted to call support the app now started working back fine. However I did reset it and will watch if the issue returns.

Best guess is that the sonos system is having problems with my router but I m using a AVM FritzBox Router for years as well as my sonos system and did not have those problems before….

When I just wanted to call support the app now started working back fine. However I did reset it and will watch if the issue returns.

Best guess is that the sonos system is having problems with my router but I m using a AVM FritzBox Router for years as well as my sonos system and did not have those problems before….

And the issue is back again...