Answered

iOS 15 with Sonos V 16.0 warning banner

• 8 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +20

So, my little iPhone SE now no longer has great functionality which I accept but how on earth do I get rid of the annoying warning banner at the top of the App?. No way to dismiss it, remove it or a check to acknowledge the limitations.

icon

Best answer by GC3 8 February 2024, 19:37

View original

5 replies

I’m not affected by the issue (maybe next year for my old iPhone🤔) and I suspect the banner will perhaps go away after a set time, but I agree why not have a close option and maybe a ‘never show me this again’ check box, or something along those lines. A mobile screen is cluttered enough anyway these days and there’s no need for this banner to persist any longer than necessary.

Badge +20

Thanks Ken, I do hope it disappears as it’s highly distracting (for me at least). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes my old iPad mini had that only used it as a media controller but switched to a full sized iPad without the warning shame no way to remove the warning 😒

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Betting it's permanent until you are using a device with supported iOS versions 

Badge +20

Betting it's permanent until you are using a device with supported iOS versions 

Of course it’s perfect on other devices, just not the iPhone which I use in the evenings to control Sonos. iPad goes on charge overnight whilst the iPhone goes upstairs.