Answered

Instructions for remaining on S1 - Get out of the loop

• 23 October 2022
  • 3 replies

We have two homes with Sonos equipment.  The S2 update, as many of you have noted, has caused issues where we no longer have a functioning solution.  

We think we understand what needs to happen.  We need to downgrade some components that accidently got upgraded and then make sure we have an S1 controller.  

When we get into the app to start the process, we get in this endless loop of downgrading and then requests to upgrade. We can’t find the process after many attempts. Is there a step by step instruction of what to hit to get through  the process so that we have our system back? 

icon

Best answer by buzz 23 October 2022, 20:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Here are instructions.

I recommend that you power down any units that you want to keep at S2 while you downgrade and setup the S1 units. As you setup the S1 units, shut down any S2 controllers.

However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with S2 so you are taking an unnecessary backward step

But your right to do what you want, of course.

Indeed, I’m not sure what S2 ‘issues’ are on the table. 

In my mind, the only reason to stay on S1 is if you have Sonos devices that won’t support S2. If all devices are S2 capable, you should upgrade.