Skip to main content

I’ve seen a topic about this from 2 years ago.  None of those solutions is helping me.  I’m trying to add iHeartRadio to my Sonos services.  The Sonos app tells I need to authorize the service and gives me a 5 digit code to enter.  It then sends me off to Safari to enter this code.  However, it appears the phone is auto-filling that 5 digit number for me (perhaps incorrectly?) - but then the web page tells me that I did indeed successfully authorize my Sonos system to my iHeartRadio account.  So I’m pretty sure the code was entered correctly.

The problem is when I try to use iHeartRadio it constantly tells me that the account needs authorized.  This is very frustrating.

I’d start by a call to  Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I’m having exactly the same issue.  Spent around 2 hours with Sonos support.  Smart person but no fix.  Have attempted to add iHeart thru iMac, iPhone, & iPad.  Issue is the same no matter what device I use.  About to give up on this.

Without any extra information, my suspicion lies in some software that blocks certain websites. That could be VPN, a ‘work profile’, any sort of port blocking software, or even an add suppression system. Since all controllers are merely contacting the system running on the speakers, it’s not surprising that they are all showing the same thing. 

Have you contacted Sonos support, as I suggested to the OP?