Answered

iHeartRadio Error

• 13 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Trying to add iHeartRadio and I already have an account, but keep getting the error in the photo. Can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve removed the app restarted my speaker and hasn’t worked. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 November 2022, 18:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Just tested on my system, using S2, connecting to KNBR, no issue. 

It’s not clear what you mean by ‘removed the app’. Do you mean the Sonos app itself, or did you remove iHeart radio from the Sonos app and then re-added it? If not, I’d certainly recommend that. That woul ‘reauthorize your account’, as requested in the error text. I’d also be mildly tempted to reboot your router, just in case. 

Removed S2 app completely from my phone. Rebooted my whole network and still doesn’t work. I can add other services just fine, but iHeartRadio won’t authorize.  

Right, that wouldn’t make much difference, since all the data is stored in the speakers, and not in the controller.

Go in to the controller, and remove iHeart there. Once that’s done, go back in and add it back, which will force a reauthorization with iHeart radio. 

@Airgetlam tried all of that and still can’t add iHeartRadio service. I really don’t want to reset my speaker, so I guess I just won’t use the service for now.

Then it may be worth it if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.