Skip to main content
Answered

Idividual rear surround volume controls. APP is HORRIBLE

• 27 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I have been a custom integrator for over 10 years. This single update is by the worst update of ANY system or company I have ever used. Where are my EQ controls from the grouped volume slider? Where is my ability to MUTE a single zone while grouped on the volume slider screen? The most important question for me is where is the ability to individually adjust the distance of the rear surround speakers therefor adjusting the volume. Most installations in residences are not perfect square boxes and that is the only way to get proper surround volumes for odd shaped rooms. What the heck are you thinking SONOS. If not fixed ASAP I will be moving to Denon HEOS as a dealer and recommend to everyone to walk away from SONOS.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have been a custom integrator for over 10 years. This single update is by the worst update of ANY system or company I have ever used. Where are my EQ controls from the grouped volume slider? Where is my ability to MUTE a single zone while grouped on the volume slider screen? The most important question for me is where is the ability to individually adjust the distance of the rear surround speakers therefor adjusting the volume. Most installations in residences are not perfect square boxes and that is the only way to get proper surround volumes for odd shaped rooms. What the heck are you thinking SONOS. If not fixed ASAP I will be moving to Denon HEOS as a dealer and recommend to everyone to walk away from SONOS.

As an integrator are you not familiar with Trueplay? 

As an integrator are you not familiar with Trueplay? 

As an integrator I'm familiar with the limitations of True play and know that manual adjustments will always be better for a picky customer