Skip to main content
Answered

I want to exit someone else's Sonos system.

• 4 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I want to exit someone else's Sonos system.I joined someone else's existing Sonos system, and now I want to set up my own Sonos system. However, I can't exit the current system, and I can't find the relevant option in the Sonos Android app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I want to exit someone else's Sonos system.I joined someone else's existing Sonos system, and now I want to set up my own Sonos system. However, I can't exit the current system, and I can't find the relevant option in the Sonos Android app.

On the app, can you go to Account / Sign Out?

I can log out of the current account, but when I log back in, I'm still in someone else's system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I can log out of the current account, but when I log back in, I'm still in someone else's system.

From memory, I don’t know if this is right - and someone else can jump in - but once logged out, delete the app completely. Then restart your phone, and reinstall the app. Rather than log in, I believe you will be given the option to set up a new system. You may well need to use a different email address to the one you have used before, to set up a fresh account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I think there used to be a “forget my system” option buried in the system settings.

In the mobile app, go to Account (Head and shoulders next to Gear icon in upper right) > App Preferences > Reset App.  Then restart and choose to connect to your existing system.