Skip to main content
Question

I want a refund

The latest update has nuked functionality, I can barely use this thing. It’s bad and wrong on every level.

I have:

• 7 Sonos Ones
  • 1 Sonos Move
  • 1 Sonos Beam
  • 1 Sonos Playbar
  • 1 Sonos Sub

I want a refund for all of these devices. I don’t want to be a part of the Sonos ecosystem anymore. You’ve lost a customer.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Yeah, tell us how that works out. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

As an avid Sonos customer, nothing is working out for me. The company is treating us like guinea pigs.

As an avid Sonos customer, nothing is working out for me. The company is treating us like guinea pigs.

Instead of posting silly rants about refunds you know aren’t coming, how about you detail what problems you are having, so we can suggest a solution?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Instead of posting silly rants about refunds you know aren’t coming, how about you detail what problems you are having, so we can suggest a solution?

The solution is to:

ROLL BACK THE APP UPDATE

If you are outside of 90 days from purchase, Sonos doesn’t do refunds.  Within 1 year, you are under warranty and can get a replacement for faulty hardware.  This isn’t a hardware problem though.

Sonos has provided discounts for future products,  again only for hardware issues, and that’s not viable give the volume of people reporting issues..  Besides, you don’t want any future products.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

ROLL BACK THE APP UPDATE

The solution is to:

ROLL BACK THE APP UPDATE

That’s not getting you anything more than your request for a refund.  So I ask again, how about you detail what problems you are having, so we can suggest a solution?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The solution is to:

ROLL BACK THE APP UPDATE

That’s not getting you anything more than your request for a refund.  So I ask again, how about you detail what problems you are having, so we can suggest a solution?

jgatie,

Its painful obvious that there is an air of privilege going on here is light of the app mishap, which I would be the first to admit IS Sonos’ fault. But the ranting seems to indicate the some users have a need to belong to something. And that something is negativity directed at a company who has been working to provide functionality request to all,.. regardless what type of networking equipment is used in their homes. They who spew all the negativity offer nothing that will help anyone here.

We have heard ALL the rants in this community as well as others. The app is bad. We ALL know the app is NOT working for some and they need answers.

Instead of simply ranting to rant, in a place designed to assist each other robolab, describe your issues so that some assistance can be provided to you. Even if that assistance doesn't come directly from Sonos

ALL MY MONEY BACK INCLUDING MY EXPENSES

Purchase a Sonos amp outdoor speakers and outdoor base only to find out that  amp doesn’t  work, my tech upfront told me before he open equipment that it was not going to work, i insisted to continue, and after ½ day of installation and trying to connect they  gave up and still cost me $800 dls, the technician is a profesional installer and installs  Sonos everyday he said the amp  application won’t work he spend 3 hrs on the phone and he was told they have the app issue and they are sorry about it, who is responsable for a reimbursement  on faulty equipment? This is false advertisement the equipment doesn’t work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

ALL MY MONEY BACK INCLUDING MY EXPENSES

Purchase a Sonos amp outdoor speakers and outdoor base only to find out that  amp doesn’t  work, my tech upfront told me before he open equipment that it was not going to work, i insisted to continue, and after ½ day of installation and trying to connect they  gave up and still cost me $800 dls, the technician is a profesional installer and installs  Sonos everyday he said the amp  application won’t work he spend 3 hrs on the phone and he was told they have the app issue and they are sorry about it, who is responsable for a reimbursement  on faulty equipment? This is false advertisement the equipment doesn’t work.

I understand your frustration.  Unfortunately your tech was right.  Hopefully you purchased the equipment from a retailer who has a good return policy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Pools-3015 I’m with you on the ranting, but I do think it goes a bit far to describe Sonos as “a company who has been working to provide functionality request to all” when they’ve just taken away functionality that was used a lot by owners of their products. To ad insult to injury this happened without at warning to users up front and and without explanation. The new app has it’s UI glitches and again there was no explanation.

Just a few examples . I’ve seen dozens of people complain about losing TuneIn. If a large part of your user base cannot figure out that they need to install the TuneIn app, open a free account and install TuneIn as a music service you need to tell them, up front. Silence from Sonos.

Example nr.  2. The thing that looks like a button on the bottom (rounded edges top and bottom) of the app naming your the alphabetically first speaker of your set up is not a button but a menu. It does also work as a button though - if you use it as such it will bring you to the grouping option. The fact that it is also a menu can be seen from the very thin grey line on top of the bottom, that a lot of people seem to miss. No explanation from Sonos.

Example nr. 3. The settings page is found, as before, by tapping the cog avatar. After you’ve done that, you see a list of your speakers, headed by a word. In my native language, Dutch, it says “Beheren”, in English you will probably see something like “Control”. This word is not just a header - tapping on a speaker will not get you to set up. Tapping the word (so not a button) “Beheren” will get you to the settings. Again, no explanation up front from Sonos.

Example nr. 4. If you have more households, something the old app, moved between without a hick up, yo now seem to have a problem. No word fronting up front from Sonos, though this looks a deliberate move caused by the choice they made for a more cloud based app. By the way - Sonos is also very secretive about which functions are cloud based and which are not.

The new app/firmware also seems to be more sensitive to quirks in individual set ups. There’s a lot of people not seeing their devices when opening the app for example. Sonos is silent on this.

I can see why Sonos had to bring out the new app, I can even understand them stopping any work on the old app. I respect that Sonos painted itself into a corner by doing this and that this is part of buying devices for a smallish company. But they could have chosen to be transparant about this and could have played in to the loyalty many customers felt towards Sonos.

But you just cannot roll out a big change like this the way Sonos chose to. Customers opened the app one day while starting their daily routine and everything was, without warning, different at all and gone for some. You cannot do this especially when you clients are for a large part “set and forget” and blatantly a-technical, but also wealthy (and sometimes just a bit spoiled). Sonos knows this and by rolling out the app this way alienated their user base. Courageous indeed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry for the typos.

Userlevel 1

How about not being able to access your music from your PC, over a month now.

I know you are against rants but why should I not rant about a system that is now useless and being unable to talk to anyone on how to fix it without hanging on the phone for over an hour.

Frankly Sonos need shooting 

Userlevel 1

Put me in the “rants are warranted here” camp. Thank you to all of you who are willing to take the time to document their complaints and remain level-headed. But I’m one of a no doubt much larger group who just wants our expensive Sonos gear to deliver its basic functionality. I dont feel the need to help tech support fix mistakes Sonos had to know would cause outrage. You can’t be CEO of Sonos and not know that people like to play “top tracks” or “artist radio.” 

I do want a refund, or a free speaker or something. And I’m resisting the temptation to ask them to cover my TIDAL account, which I got precisely to use with Sonos in order to play music on my good speakers. 

I was one of Sonos’ early customers, and as a reporter for Business Week wrote many glowing articles evangelizing the product. Back then, the company was visionary and backed it up with amazing products and customer support.