Answered

I need help with Sonos S2 settings for my Music Library on a Mac

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I decided to do a clean install of Big Sur on my iMac.  In doing the install I erased both the system volume and the data volume.  After the clean install, I installed the the Sonos S2 app.  I have FLAC music stored on my iMac in the Documents folder.  I know what has to be done to have Sonos recognize the path to my music.

In System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy I put the Sonos app in Accessibility and in Full Disk Access.  However, the SonosLibraryServer does not appear when I try to find it to add it to Full Disk Access.  What’s strange is that a search on my computer doesn’t find it either.  Can someone tell me how to add it to Full Disk Access?

All of my FLAC music files are in a folder called FLAC Music. I know that I have to grant Sonos Read & Write permissions.  However, Sonos is not appearing under Permissions.  Can someone tell me how to have it appear?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by lordpuffer 20 November 2020, 22:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Issue is SOLVED.  I had not turned on File Sharing due to a lack of thinking.  When I turned it on, SonosLibraryServer appeared in Full Disk Access.  For Permissions, ‘everyone Read’ is sufficient.  Music Library is now accessed.