Question

I’m unable to disconnect my Spotify from my Sonos speakers

• 11 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have two Sonos One speakers which are grouped together to make a speaker system called ‘Kitchen’. The Sonos account in the app was set up using my sisters email address and Spotify account. I then added my Spotify under her Sonos account so that I was able to play my playlists from my phone. Now the problem is, I’ve since tried to remove my Spotify account and it just doesn’t seem to be working. So far I have:

• deleted my Spotify from the Sonos app so that it is no longer visible there

• deleted the Sonos app

• logged out of all devices that my Spotify is logged into and changed the password

•I then clicked “forget the device” for ‘Kitchen’ in the Spotify app

After all this when someone says “Alexa play Iron Maiden” it automatically plays from my Spotify account and the ‘Kitchen’ device pops back up on my Spotify!! I am at my wits end and I don’t know what else I can do to remove my device except factory resetting the Sonos which is what I think I’ll have to do. It’s a nightmare when I’m out of the house listening to music in the car and all of a sudden it cuts off because someone is using the Sonos. 

Any advice would be really appreciated :)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @annaredman, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. I’d be happy to help you out here. 

If you already remove Spotify in the Sonos app, Alexa will play from the default music service in the Alexa app. Did you remove Spotify from the Alexa app? 

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you.

1. Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
2. Open the menu in the top left and tap on Settings > Music & Podcasts > Tap Choose default music services > Choose default podcast service.
3. Select Amazon music and tap DONE.

If you're still having the same issue, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests on your music library to provide the best option for you. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.