Answered

i cant connect my NAS to the system

• 2 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

so i bought a NAS from Western Digital in the Summer when the SMB2 issue meant the SD card would no longer work.  I set it up with the WD app which Sonos had in the options,  i was away for a while and had been using the Wife’s old talblet to play music but the oher week i realised th WD app had also gone and i needed to use thee SMB2 connection,  I have asked WD support but i cant get it to link.  has anyone had same issue and a solution?   i have tried multiple variations to the path with and without the past woords logon etc.  Just says unable to connect, possible error (900).  Waiting on WD to come back .  

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 January 2024, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hughlm 

Thanks for your post!

I have the following steps for you, but they only apply to these specific models of WD NAS drive: My Cloud PR2100, My Cloud PR4100, My Cloud EX4100, My Cloud EX2 Ultra, My Cloud Mirror Gen2 on MyCloud OS 5

Please first ensure your WD drive is up-to-date.

After the firmware was updated, please go to Settings -> Network and make sure that SMB Protocol is set to SMB1 (and any higher version if needed) and that NT LAN Manager is set to NTLMv1 and NTLMv2.

I hope this helps.