Skip to main content
Answered

I cannot add tracks, songs to Queue - from Airplay - from Iphone Music

• 15 January 2024
  • 9 replies

I can play music from my IPhone (purchased music via Airplay and also radio and Amazon however the Sonos App will NOT saved it to the Queue playlist.

Keeps coming with an ERROR  unable to add to queue. 

I don’t even get any options.

Normally you can click on the tab right hand side for options;

Add Song to my Sonos

Add to Sonos Playlist 

play now 

play next

etc

I have reset the App several times and my IOS is up to date. 

So not sure why!!

Does any one have a solution please.

Thank you  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I’m not quite sure where you are referring to in the Sonos App when attempting this, but assuming you have the Apple Music service installed, you should be able to play your purchased music from the Sonos App Music Services/Browse Tab - Apple Music Service ‘Library/Playlists/Purchased Music’.

Or (as you mention) simply play the audio from within the Apple music App to your compatible Sonos product(s) using its Airplay connection in that App, or the available connection from within the iOS control centre.

Hi Ken,

I don’t have an apple service subscription. just playing from Apple music App; using Airplay conncetion on the App. 

I van play any songs from my apple music playlists, however it does NOT add to the queue on Sonos App. 

Not sure what else I can do 

THIS IS WHAT I AM NOT ABLE to see

This is an example taken from Sonos website

As you have mentioned below.

Or (as you mention) simply play the audio from within the Apple music App to your compatible Sonos product(s) using its Airplay connection in that App, or the available connection from within the iOS control centre.

I’m still not sure we’re both on the ‘same page’ here, but I believe what you’re seeing in that screenshot is from the Apple Music service that has been installed in the Sonos App. You need a subscription to Apple Music to add their service to the Sonos App? 

Otherwise you can AirPlay the purchased audio to your ‘compatible’ Sonos speaker(s) from the Apple Music ‘native’ App.

I have an Apple Music subscription for example and the attached animation shows how to access/play purchased music to a Sonos speaker/group… maybe viewing the attached will help you?

Hi Ken,

I think we are misunderstanding the issue.

I will take screenshot tonight of the issue.

your comment below is correct. I can play music to Sonos Beam Speaker via AirPlay  - BUT when I am playing the song,  it does NOT add to the queue on Sonos App.   

Ken response

Otherwise you can AirPlay the purchased audio to your ‘compatible’ Sonos speaker(s) from the Apple Music ‘native’ App.

This is a screenshot from Sonos website. 

When browsing music tap… More information.

I can play music to Sonos Beam Speaker via AirPlay - BUT it doesn’t allow me to press on the tap

This is a screenshot from Sonos website. 

When browsing music tap… More information.

I can play music to Sonos Beam Speaker via AirPlay - BUT it doesn’t allow me to press on the tap

When Airplaying you’re using the Apple Music App - the playing queue is therefore the one you see in that App - you’re not using the Sonos App. I hope that now makes sense.

To playback and use the queue in the Sonos App you need an Apple Music subscription and the Apple Music service plugin installed in that App. The Sonos App is not a ‘player’ - it’s a wireless remote for your speaker and is used to link/control music sources seen in that App to your speakers… it does not support Airplay.

It’s why you won’t find the Airplaying tracks in the queue in the Sonos App… checkout the queue playlist in the Apple Music App instead. 

I hope that helps?

@Ken_Griffiths is correct. When Airplaying you are not really using the Sonos system at all. Just a bunch of Airplay enabled speakers with the Sonos logo on them.

If you go into the queue when playing using Airplay it will say something like "queue not in use", which is exactly what one would expect.