Answered

I can't play music from YouTube Music

Userlevel 2

I am a premium member of YouTube Music and I have successfully added the service to my Sonos app in Android.

However, when I try to play music from YouTube Music it is showing a message that access is denied. Please help. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 21 April 2020, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Same issue here.

Been working fine for a while.

Using YT Premium via Family plan.

Same issue for the last few days YT :(  premium family plan.

Same problem here,  premium family plan.

I have now listed my Sonos stuff on buy and sell site, the races is if some one buy my stuff or Youtube/Sonos can get it to work first.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I wonder if we could get someone from Sonos to actually chime in on this thread?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I also have YouTube premium family plan..   I wonder if it’s related to being on the family plan?

rheo, why don’t you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

Badge

I also have YouTube premium family plan..   I wonder if it’s related to being on the family plan?

Nope… I don’t have a family plan.

Same here. I have the YT Music students plan. It doesn’t matter as looks like it’s widespread. Don’t have any hope with Sonos as feels their service has deteriorated in last few years. I contacted them on Halloween for this and they were doing party in the background with so much noise and guy was so much distracted. He ask me few questions and as I have already tried remove and add back service, he thought it’s my wifi issue so without asking me directed me to their remote assistance site to get control of my computer. I felt fishy so I denied and bluntly he said there is no other way he can help. I never realized how come it is a wifi issue if my other connected streaming service to Sonos works, airplay 2 works and it’s just YouTube music giving trouble anyway now living with the issue. 

Badge

he thought it’s my wifi issue 

I was asked about my router/WiFi gear as well… seems so irrelevant

Same here :(

Youtube Music Family plan (Actually a GPM Family Plan).

Started a few days ago.

I find if i click on the track before the one I want, it has a better chance of playing.

Same issue on my side !

Badge

I spoke to someone from sonos over the phone in Australia who was able to trace the issue to being a ‘http 403 forbidden’ error, meaning that the Youtube servers were denying access to sonos. When speaking to someone from youtube music they were unable to find any issues on their end, however, they were pretty unhelpful and rude... 

I’ve tried the “shall I switch to spotify? “ question to test their reactivity ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

rheo, why don’t you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

because so many have already and nobody has come to a solution yet..  why would i be different?

No resolution yet, but after spending most of the evening to Twitter support they have collected some extra diag / debug data from my speakers and logged an engineering call. I should hear from them within 24hrs... I linked to this thread so hopefully Sonos will appear...

Badge

No resolution yet, but after spending most of the evening to Twitter support they have collected some extra diag / debug data from my speakers and logged an engineering call. I should hear from them within 24hrs... I linked to this thread so hopefully Sonos will appear...

A story pretty much like my own. Haven’t heard from them since :-/

Badge

Just got this email from Sonos Support:

Hi there,

Thanks again for contacting Sonos.

We wanted to follow up and ensure that your case was resolved. If you need anything else, simply reply to this email and let us know that you need help. If all is well, keep an eye out for a follow-up survey shortly.

Thanks,
The Sonos Team

Is this a joke? They’ve done nothing… I’ve replied to them how disappointed I am. Wondering if they’ll get back to me...

I spent an hour with google last night, just the stupid tech support telling me to delete cache and extensions from crome, not listening to anything I said about how this is widespread. Not answering why it would help to do this is my brower, all while the same problem happens if I use my computer, phone, pad or sonos directly. After one hour of this nonsense the problem was escalated. Still waiting for update

Then I contacted Sonos and get the same lvl of support from there. Add/remove the service, restart router etc.

But today I got a message from Youtube informing me of the change they have done to the artist channels, how artists who had multiple channels before now have been combined to one artist page. So I’m guessing this is related, some backed change at Youtube.

If I only could sub to adfree youtube I would drop youtube music in a heart beat.

Badge

Still nothing from either Sonos or YouTube Music. Really disappointing. I think what’s most disappointing is the fact that not a single Sonos supporter has posted in this thread. This should be the first response to any thread where users are experiencing problems… so sad…

Badge

Okay so a minute after my last post I got an email from Sonos stating that the case had not been closed at all. The previous mail was just an automated message sent out 72 hrs after my initial question… good to know :-)

Badge

But today I got a message from Youtube informing me of the change they have done to the artist channels, how artists who had multiple channels before now have been combined to one artist page. So I’m guessing this is related, some backed change at Youtube.

If the problem is related to what you’re describing here, then why does YTM work flawlessly from a browser? Why would it only impact Sonos?

If the problem is related to what you’re describing here, then why does YTM work flawlessly from a browser? Why would it only impact Sonos?

Often different devices/access methods are routed to different servers.  Something affecting a hardware streaming device may be taking a completely different path than a browser based streamer.

Update from tech support; 

This is Derek from Sonos Support. I am one of the senior technicians here and will be assist you with you issue you are having.

We are aware of the issue you are having with You Tube Music and we are working towards a fix. As soon as I have more information or a fix I will let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Craggyite, thanks for sharing that message from Derek. He is correct, there’s currently an issue with playing YouTube Music with some accounts, but not all accounts are affected. We’re working on the issue with YouTube Music but don’t have any specific details on a timeline to share just yet.

We’ll update everyone as soon as it’s been resolved or we have more news to share.

Hi Craggyite, thanks for sharing that message from Derek. He is correct, there’s currently an issue with playing YouTube Music with some accounts, but not all accounts are affected. We’re working on the issue with YouTube Music but don’t have any specific details on a timeline to share just yet.

We’ll update everyone as soon as it’s been resolved or we have more news to share.

Can you identify those who are affected like me? and maybe some kind of compensation?