Skip to main content
Answered

I can’t add Apple Music on iOS app

I am at a complete loss here — even after spending an hour and a half with Sonos customer service today, I haven’t been able to find a solution.

I wasn’t able to reauthorize Apple Music, so I removed the service to add it back that way but have been unable to do so even after:

1. resetting internet (including custom DNS per Sonos rep) 
  2. resetting Sonos system
  3. trying on different devices
  4. deleting, resetting app

Any ideas on things to try? I’m able to add other services (added, removed, re-added Spotify and Amazon Music), but every time I try to do Apple Music I get a “Something went wrong: Check your internet connection and try again.”

If it helps, I have a system with: Era 300, Roam, Amp, Frame, Bookshelf and Play:3

I would suggest to check this other thread as it solved this issue for me (not being able to add my Apple Music account to Sonos) without creating a new Sonos account:

Yeah, I'm not resetting all my sonos and not be able to true play any off the since they borked that too.

You still can’t run Trueplay after yesterday's update?

I solved by myself this problem after I have done everything possible even with a Sonos agent. I am on 80.02.04 build.

Remove all music services and re-add them beginning with Apple Music on Sonos iOS app. I think after the third service added, the problem comes back for the third or fourth music service and more.  I will make a follow up with Sonos

I solved by myself this problem after I have done everything possible even with a Sonos agent. I am on 80.02.04 build.

Remove all music services and re-add them beginning with Apple Music on Sonos iOS app. I think after the third service added, the problem comes back for the third or fourth music service and more.  I will make a follow up with Sonos

This did not work for me. Removed all my services and tried to start with Apple. still same message. 

This did not work for me. Removed all my services and tried to start with Apple. still same message. 

Did you also try the solution I’ve mentioned above? This solved the problem for me. Hope this will work for you too.

Did you also try the solution I’ve mentioned above? This solved the problem for me. Hope this will work for you too.

Yes, that is what I tried. I removed all music services and then started to add them back with Apple first. Wouldn’t work for apple. 

Yes, that is what I tried. I removed all music services and then started to add them back with Apple first. Wouldn’t work for apple. 

My solution was different: I completely reinstall my entire Sonos system by unplugging all my speakers and reinitiating them one by one to create a “new” Sonos setup (but kept my Sonos account). 

Same for me with Amazon Music and Deezer. 

Hi again, I was finally able to add 3 Apple Music accounts by removing all the accounts that can then be re added through the Sonos Mac app which works perfectly, then proceed to add Apple Music accounts with a lot of weird bugs but they are working fine now. The issue with me really is a limit of around 5 accounts (including different accounts of the same service) when trying to add services from the IOS app. If it helps, I´m in Argentina. Hope everyone can fix their issues with this nightmare of an update.

Hi again, I was finally able to add 3 Apple Music accounts by removing all the accounts that can then be re added through the Sonos Mac app which works perfectly, then proceed to add Apple Music accounts with a lot of weird bugs but they are working fine now. The issue with me really is a limit of around 5 accounts (including different accounts of the same service) when trying to add services from the IOS app. If it helps, I´m in Argentina. Hope everyone can fix their issues with this nightmare of an update.

Weird my Mac OS app won’t let me try Apple Music. Says I need to use iOS to add it. 

I misspoke, sorry. What I meant is that I removed all services, then was able to add AM through the Sonos iOS App, since my app only lets me add 5 accounts, I then re added all the other services trough the Mac App. Hope it works for you! 

I’ve had this issue since the new app was released but my experience is slightly different.

I removed our Apple Music accounts because the reauthorisation constantly failed after the app was unleashed on us.

Now, I can’t add our accounts back because Apple Music doesn’t even appear as an option on the iOS app. I have tried 2x iPhones and my iPad. 

It does appear on the Windows app, but obviously I need to use an iOS device to add it back.

Has anyone else come across this? 

I’ve had this issue since the new app was released but my experience is slightly different.

I removed our Apple Music accounts because the reauthorisation constantly failed after the app was unleashed on us.

Now, I can’t add our accounts back because Apple Music doesn’t even appear as an option on the iOS app. I have tried 2x iPhones and my iPad. 

It does appear on the Windows app, but obviously I need to use an iOS device to add it back.

Has anyone else come across this? 

No, I can still see apple music as a service. I just can't add it.

Problem is still Not solved

Problem still happening for me as well 

Experiencing this as well. I had no problems with the app till now..

Still an issue after update. I have tried everything. 

Hi again. I found a solution that works for me. I copied it from another post, these are the steps I followed (in my case I have a Sonos Five and a Sonos Arc, but the steps are the same):

• I have a few Sonos so I powered them all off. 
  • Rebooted my router. 
  • I did a full reset on the first speaker (a One in this case)
  • Went through the setup of One as brand new. (strange thing I discovered is that your services etc are all bound and stored in the Sonos device and not held up in Sonos or cloud someplace. I assume they then replicated that config device to device once joined)
  • Setup completed and I could then add in all my services!
  • I then reset the other powered off Sonos.
  • Joined to the new system\group I created above.
  • All the services carried over that I setup above
  • Job done!

Hi again. I found a solution that works for me. I copied it from another post, these are the steps I followed (in my case I have a Sonos Five and a Sonos Arc, but the steps are the same):

• I have a few Sonos so I powered them all off. 
  • Rebooted my router. 
  • I did a full reset on the first speaker (a One in this case)
  • Went through the setup of One as brand new. (strange thing I discovered is that your services etc are all bound and stored in the Sonos device and not held up in Sonos or cloud someplace. I assume they then replicated that config device to device once joined)
  • Setup completed and I could then add in all my services!
  • I then reset the other powered off Sonos.
  • Joined to the new system\group I created above.
  • All the services carried over that I setup above
  • Job done!

So much for the simplicity of Sonos. Going through all of that is a major headache depending upon the number of Sonos products in the household. Not a swipe at you, and I appreciate you’re being helpful, but Sonos has truly messed this up and I might as well eBay my products and opt for a different product. They have lost my loyalty. 

Last update just solved it for me.

Last update just solved it for me.

unfortunately can’t confirm on my side. newest update from today/yesterday and still error on adding Apple Music

Same issue,

same error message (Apple Music wasn’t added),

however, the service was added three times (all my retries...)!

Build 80.06.03