Skip to main content
Question

How will this nightmare end?

• 21 May 2024
  • 2 replies

After the app update today (Android) at least we got the icon back LMAO but other than that, still my system does not work. The problem is 100% with the latest firmware on my Sonos One.

If I factory reset the speaker 4 or 5 times, ONE out of those 5 times I’ll get lucky and the speaker will successfully join my wifi network. Now when I open the app it says “no products found” but if I open and close it 20 times I’ll get lucky once and I’ll see the speaker and be able to play music.

No, the problem is not my phone. I tried other devices including an iPhone.

No, the problem is not my wifi network. I tried other networks and other routers. Not to mention the fact that all other devices on my network are working fine, and my Sonos One worked fine for many years until this pathetic firmware update. Oh, AND I TRIED WIRED TO MY ROUTER WITH AN ETHERNET CABLE AND GOT THE SAME FAILED BEHAVIOR.

Roll back the firmware you say? Sure, except the new mobile app doesn’t support that, and if I install the older app it tells me to update to the newest app before rolling back the speaker firmware, which of course doesn’t work because again, they removed the rollback functionality from the new app.

Who’s interested in a class action lawsuit? I see a lot of people who spent thousands of dollars now having the same problem I’m having.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Try logging out of the app. turn off WIFI and log back in. Then turn WIFI back on.

If that doesn't help, uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Broken company