HOW TO TURN OFF APP UPDATES

• 8 May 2024
  • 5 replies

If you want to prevent the app update from loading on your devices:

Turn off automatic updates

iOS:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-auto-update-iphone-5206079 

Android:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-automatic-updates-on-android-5192496#toc-how-to-turn-off-automatic-app-updates-on-an-android-phone 

(Scroll a bit further to next section titled "Stop Automatic Updates for Specific Apps")

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Thank you! What a disaster this new update is! Hopefully I can get back the old version and never have this happen again. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I have all auto updates disabled in the play store and in the Sonos app as well. If I install the old version, within hours it gets updated against my will.

Sonos really screwed up with this update. Never again. At least, they should allow us to use the old app.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes, the app update MATERIALLY changed their product's functionality. I've downloaded the former orange app (version 16.1) and it's a beautiful thing. We are not overreacting to how bad the "downdate" degraded the Sonos experience. 

I disabled auto-update also, but within 24 hours my "orange goes to black", darkening my day. I called customer service to ask about this additional FAIL, but the hold-time was estimated at 65 minutes, so they clearly have not stepped-up to provide support for their disastrous app revision. All we can do is hope that some leadership loses their jobs, and the new regime restores ALL of the lost app features and, in doing so, restores our faith in the company. Since 2014, I've been a HUGE evangelist for Sonos, and currently own 13 speakers (including the Sub, Arc, Move, Roam, Five, Threes, and Ones). 

Please announce FIX for this terrible app

the word is spreading 

SONOS a will lose a lot of business 

Same thing is happening to me

Thex new app is a pile of dung.