Question

How to play an app (radio station) I have downloaded from Google Play Store

• 9 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

There is this radio station i love listening back home that you can download the app from Google Play Store or play directly to your desktop. The name of the station is: https://www.crossoverradioonline.com/

How can i stream it to my Sonos System?

Please help. Im home sick… :-( 

TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bong Ty, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern, let me help you out on this.

You search in other music services in the Sonos app if the Crossover radio station is available.

1. Tune-In
2. Global Player
3. Radio.com
4. Radio.net
5. Radioplayer
6. Absolute Radio 

You can also try to add the streaming URL in the Sonos app. First, you need to contact the station you wish to add directly is often the easiest way of finding the Streaming URL. Just make sure the stream is of one of the compatible formats; MP3, AAC or WMA.

If you have iOS devices, you can download the Crossover App from the App Store and stream it to your Sonos devices with AirPlay capability.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

Badge

Hi Rowena,

Thanks for the reply. I have searched far and wide to do what you have suggested but it is not available in those music services. Even added the music URL. Also, i have talk to tech support today and they told me that they will escalate my request so that Sonos can add my favorite Filipino stations.  Again here is the link if you want to try it yourself - https://www.crossoverradioonline.com/

Salamat! Kabayan!

Just so you’re aware, Sonos doesn’t add any streams, those streams are added by the company that owns them. I’d suggest you contact the app maker, or radio station, and suggest they look at the Sonos partners page. It details how they can be added to Sonos, and includes the API they need to integrate. 

Badge

Thanks Bruce. Good to know. I will let the know. Stay safe.

You’re most welcome. I hope you and yours stay safe as well.