Answered

How to cast from Tidal app to Sonos?

• 11 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi

i am looking to switch over from Spotify to Tidal.

but one of the main features I use is Spotify Connect, where I can select my Sonos speaker(s) from within the Spotify app.

i read that the same should be possible from Tidal app, but my Sonos speakers don’t show up in the app.. 

(Screenshots above show Spotify app and Tidal app next to eachother).

And I KNOW that I can use apple AirPlay but that is not what I want, because my phone doesn’t always have good Wifi reception, so I want the music to be streamed directly from the Tidal Server to the Sonos speaker and not going through my iPhone. 

BONUS QUESTION:

Is Tidal integrated with Sonos Voice command? Currently it is still not possible to search for Spotify music via Sonos Voice command.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 11 April 2024, 10:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Looking at your screenshot (I do not use Tidal) I'd say using Airplay is the only option available.

Bonus answer: you're wrong, at least since the last couple of weeks. Sonos made SVC Spotify capable. See Music services that work with Sonos Voice Control | Sonos and Set your default music service for Sonos Voice Control | Sonos 

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Amazing news that SVC supports Spotify now. (yet another reason that i’ll have to stick with Spotify...🤔)

The strange thing is that this discussion seems to describe that it is possible to see Sonos speakers show up in the TIDAL app, too (incl. screenshot). But for me this doesn’t show up like that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DrSnap 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Do you have a paid Tidal subscription? If you are using the free version, playing to local Sonos speakers from within the Tidal app is not available.

I hope this helps.

Yes I have a paid Tidal HIFI subscription.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DrSnap 

In that case, I recommend you contact Tidal for assistance. I hope they are able to assist you further.

Before you do so, however, I recommend first trying a reboot of the phone that has the Tidal app, and if that doesn’t work, maybe an uninstall and reinstall of the Tidal app.

I hope this helps.