Answered

how to

• 14 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My question is if my roommate has a account on the app with these same speakers paired to it before can he pair them again too his account I started a new account with his speakers attached but he says he can't use his account anymore with these same speakers attached to it?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 14 June 2023, 08:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge

My question is if my roommate has a account on the app with these same speakers paired to it before can he pair them again too his account I started a new account with his speakers attached but he says he can't use his account anymore with these same speakers attached to it?

Umm, I am not sure I understand. Your roommate can join your system by adding his controller to it, but if the system is now part of your account, all of your roomate’s data will be gone.

Any Sonos system can have up to 32 associated controllers, and they don’t need to have the password, that’s used for system level changes, such as adding streaming accounts. 

Nor am I sure why you felt the need to repost a quote of your original post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Your question is not clear, @Serrano house. If you set up a new account and added his speakers to your account, Sonos will assume you’ve become the new owner of those speakers. Because they are now part of your system, they get removed from his account, so of course he can no longer access them from his account.

Is that what you’re asking/what you’ve done? If so, you need to reverse the process to “give them back” to him. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You cannot use the same speakers on different accounts. You both need to log in in the app (if necessary) using the same account.