Skip to main content
Question

how on earth this new version was released?

• 8 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Even your feedback is not working?

do you really want to destroy your your business?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

This new version just doesn’t work.

There are so many bugs, do you have any quality control?

So surprising for such a successful company.

And yet another post from somebody who literally has just joined the forum, states nothing is working but doesn’t give any details.  Do you want help ?  The community it’s is here to provide assistance and there and many people who be more than happy to help.  But you don’t hint at what issues you are having or what problems you are experiencing.  Or are you not here for help, just to moan ?  In which case what do you want, or expect the rest of the community to say to you? 

Userlevel 1

Hey Andrew, I am another one of those users... ya know the ones YOU just got on here to complain about or maybe just moan about? :) If you really have no idea what the issues are at this point I suggest you try using SONOS these days.. its a joke! 

I will try to help you out though and give a few more details, so you or the community can rewrite the latest firmware again, ya know back to the past one that worked 90% of the time vs this all new and improved one that works maybe 5% of the time?

This new app is blind, it can never find my system. I have multiple homes and locations I use Sonos on, obviously different networks. Every single time I try to use I need to go to system setting and "find my system" (as long as the "settings" even are an option) some times its just a blank screen with the outline of boxes that you really hope will just fill in and you can use but never do. Or on the off chance is does open it lists all the components from a previous system/network you were using, then errors out. Or it opens and is so delayed and slow you cant even move around or skip tracks or stations (if you could ever really find that stuff in the new version anyway)

So I guess to sum it up the new version just doesnt work, the bugs in it are horrible, I wonder how this even got through Sonos quality control, sorry to use so many words I think the users before me nailed it.

I will say the speakers still look great sitting on the shelf doing nothing, even with the new app, so not ALL is lost with not being able to actually use them for their intended over priced use. Most of all of the frustrations, yelling, and firm button pressing are at the app on my cell phone so I imagine I will have these gorgeous sonos book ends and shelf fillers for many years to come never having to worry about wearing them out or needing to upgrade to the next generation.

Here are a couple of screen shots we all have been staring at too Andrew.

Bravo SONOS... but seriously WTF!

And yet another post from somebody who literally has just joined the forum, states nothing is working but doesn’t give any details.  Do you want help ?  The community it’s is here to provide assistance and there and many people who be more than happy to help.  But you don’t hint at what issues you are having or what problems you are experiencing.  Or are you not here for help, just to moan ?  In which case what do you want, or expect the rest of the community to say to you? 

The community is also here for people to give feedback. Quite trying to gatekeep. 

Userlevel 1

I FINALLY FIXED THE NEW APP! MY SYSTEM IS WORKUNG AMAZING AGAIN! Ok there was the click bait, here is the solution... just GET RID OFF THE NEW VERSION! Go back to 16.1 (the old version!) A lil google dive on the topic and I found this! A bit tricky with all the ad bs on apkmirror :( (so be carefull and actually download the real file not some advertising junk) but seriously I downloaded (search SONOS in apkmirror - hopefully will be a live link in my copy and paste to get you to the apk site), turned off auto update in the play store (for just SONOS) and logged in, it was all there and instantly! My playlists, my staions, my favorites, ALL my speakers and the correct network! Again this is copy and paste from a post I fpund on Reddit so please give credit there! Enjoy!

From a fellow Sonos forum user, use the steps below. It worked for me and I am back to the previous version. This is for Android users. First remember to uninstall the existing Sonos app from your phone. To avoid confusion, arm64-v8a is for devices with 64-bit processor, and armeabi-v7a is for devices with a 32-bit processor.

“Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.”

UPDATE: You can keep auto updates for all apps except Sonos. Enable auto updates in the settings of the Play Store. Then search for Sonos app inside the Play Store, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, and uncheck the box for "Enable auto updates". Now just the Sonos app won't update automatically. If in the future you'll see multiple app updates available in the Play Store for the apps on your phone, remember to update them individually, and do not tap "Update All". If you update all, that will include the Sonos app, even if you disabled auto app updates for the Sonos app only. Also, remember to disable system updates (for Sonos products in your system). Go to Settings in the Sonos app, then System, System Updates, and turn off "Update Automatically".