Answered

How is the music library organised?

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Is there any documentation?  I’m pushing the 65K track limit (65705).  All my tracks are in one foloder on a nas organised by artist and album name. I am using MediaMonkey 5.  

Does the library indexing start at A and index the files up to Z?  I can see artists from the start and end of my collection. 

Also I ran the update on my PC and it came up with a message suggesting I remove some playlists.  Are the files in playlists included in the 65K limit?  

I am tempted to move all my christmas tunes into a separate folder and just add that at christmas.  Also I have a punk album with 100 tracks.  That is probably wasting 8 normal albums worth of space.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 12 July 2023, 21:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d start by sending Sonos a diagnostic and asking them to look at your music library and playlist stats and let you know where you stand since users can’t see that information.

You might consider splitting your library up, move things like the Christmas music to a Plex server to free up space for more often used tracks.

why is sonos so secretive??? i am really sorry i bought the system,  their support is useless.  learn more even more useless… i have ended up with 2 systems - S1 and S2 - cannot synchronise them,,,, it goes on and on.  i have a house full of this crap and need to chuck it now.  annoying,,,great speakers - lousy shytsem

rae barrett is my name

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We used to have access to a lot more internal information that was quite useful but Sonos made a decision to remove that access, they cited “security” as the reason if I recall correctly.

Security triggered by a few dummies leaving their routers wide open to outside attacks, attacks which were then blown way out of proportion by shoddy click-bait style journalism. 

And likely GDPR.