Skip to main content
Question

How Easy Is The New App To Use?

• 25 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Sonos launched this with all if the buzzwords that companies use for their New Apps. Intuitive, clean, easy to use, logical, etc.

But what do the posts here and our own experience tell us.

Well I for one have fallen into the “music starts in the wrong room” problem.

Forgetting all of the missing stuff, the fact that so many of us are struggling to simply start music in the right room using a completed function raises the question I raised here.

In my opinion the New App is no better than the Old One in terms of ease of use because until you know how it works it is no easy to use.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

While there are many users who have issues with the app, I have only had one, excluding the missing features that I do not regularly use. That is the volume delay, that has gone away since i installed the new updates. My music library is there, my old alarms are there. To edit them I simply went to my Mac and did what I needed to do. Restarted the app and everything showed up.

I feel that there is a learning curve, but looking at the Alexa app, it has the same feel. I am really excited about the new app. I like using it and am becoming familiar with how to navigate its many pages. Change can be hard for many. Most people are creatures of habit and when something happens to make them uncomfortable, they will voice their frustrations. But, many jump on the negative posts to vent, but not so much a constructive post that may provide assistance.. even though it may not be directly from Sonos.

So are people angry because there is such a drastic change from the old app? I am dumbfounded that so many chose to update everything and not have a single device to fall back on incase there were issues. And there are many issues.

I think once all the bugs are fixed and the missing features are added the App will be a good upgrade and the learning curve and frustration people have will shorten or go away. I like the aesthetics over all. It took a bit to get used to not using the bottom tabs but all good now. It seems some of the extreme lag I and many users here report may be with the app or speakers polling the sonos cloud. I hope whatever is causing this gets fixed as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Agree that it will be OK once the bugs are gone, performance is improved and we get used to it.

But does that make it a better UI than the old one?

Ironically, I’m not a fan of the Alexa UI either so being like Alexa is not a plus for me. Good thing for me is I don’t need to use the Alexa app that often but the same is not true for Sonos.