Answered

How do I play a playlist from a media server like Media Monkey?

• 30 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I am running Media Monkey 5 (MM5) on my laptop and have enabled both MM5 server and library.

I am using the Sonos App on my Galaxy S22 Ultra and on my laptop.

In the Sonos App I can see both the MM5 Server and MM5 Library including all my music and playlists

I select the MM5 library, then select playlists, then choose a playlist, and can see all the songs

At this point the only option I have is to add the Playlist to My Sonos or individually add each song - 1 by 1 - to the queue.

What the heck am I missing?  Why can’t I simply play a playlist from my MM5 server or library in Sonos? Why is this hard?

If I choose a playlist that is saved on my phone I immediately get 2 buttons on top that let me play it or shuffle it.  

Is there a way to play a playlist on Sonos from a media library or media server?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 March 2023, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fredrickhw 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Assuming your MediaMonkey playlists are saved as .m3u or .pls files in the same folder as your music files, you will get much better results by adding your music folder to Sonos’ Music Library and allowing Sonos to do the indexing.

Add your music library to Sonos

I recommend doing this via the Sonos app installed on your laptop. If you don’t already have this, please download it from our Downloads page.

I hope this helps.