Answered

how do i get my remote to operate elaborate sonos system

• 16 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Are there service people 

Do your house in Manhattan and show you how to use an elaborate remote to control rather elaborate Sonos system that exists in the apartment that we just bought. I can’t sdo your house in Manhattan and show you how to use an elaborate remote to control rather elaborate Sonos system that exists in the apartment that we just bought. I can’t seem to find a service person seem to find. A service person does anybody know of such a person who could come over and help us set up the remote new load is about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide and it is black. I hate to sound like such an ignorant person, but I’m totally at a loss about. How do use this remote, I gather you need a certain code from the company to attach it to the system. Any help very much appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 March 2023, 10:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Pbdunnmd 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m really not sure what remote you are referring to.

The standard way to control a Sonos system is through the Sonos app - downloadable from here.

Note, however, that there are two versions - the “S1 Controller” is for units too old for the newer software that newer units are operating on (S2). Which one you need is difficult to say without more information about the particular units you have in place.

I recommend starting with the S1 app - download and install it, then turn on at least one Sonos device and watch its light. If, when the light stops flashing white, it starts flashing green instead, then you will need to open the app, slide through the welcome screens and choose “Setup a New System”. If the app tells you that you need the newer app, uninstall S1 and download S2 instead.

If, on the other hand, the light goes to a steady white, then open the app and choose “Connect to Existing System” instead. Once connected and all the units show in the Sonos app, then select Settings » System » Transfer System Ownership to register the system to your own email.

If you encounter any problems, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will be happy to assist.

You may find my article of use:

I hope this helps.

Edit: We don’t have “service people” that can visit your home, but local electronics stores may have.