Skip to main content
Answered

How do I end a session with Audible in Sonos app?

• 27 December 2023
  • 1 reply

So, I have had an issue with Audible for a while now on my Sonos Beam (gen2).  Randomly the speaker would start playing the last position in an audio book that I played through the linked Audible account.  From my network logs, I was able to determine that the Sonos would start playing right after losing connection and reconnecting to my access point.  This seems reasonable but even if the stream was paused for 2 weeks, it would start playing again scaring the crap out of everyone in the room if the volume was up.  I really would like to clear the current stream so the speaker has absolutely nothing to play.

In the Sonos app, it would show the Audible stream at the bottom every time I open the app whether playing or paused.  My question, is how can I reset / close / remove that stream?  There is nothing that I can find to do it.  Opening up the stream and clicking the 3 dots shows where I can change the speaker but that is it.  Even if I uncheck my Beam it will pause if playing but doesn’t remove the stream.  

My current solution was to unlink my Audible account.  The stream still shows though but errors if I try to play it due to the account being removed.  It just will not clear the current stream on the speaker.  So any ideas are welcome.  I know a factory reset will do it but that shouldn’t be necessary for something this simple.

I should note that I only ever linked Audible.  With other services, I use Airplay or something similar and those work flawlessly b/c they are controlled through a different device.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @colonel512, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Depending on how you started the stream would change how you end the session. I don’t use Audible, but I have to do this with Spotify but it’s likely the same steps.

When you open the Sonos app, tab on the System tab to look at your rooms, then tap on the room that’s playing. Then, open the queue by pressing the queue button at the top right corner. You’ll have the option to ‘End Session’ if you started playing from Audible. If not, then you started playing from the Sonos app and clearing the queue will end the session.

I hope this information helps!