Hoopla Digital service for Sonos. Get your library card, and get all of this content.

• 26 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hoopla Digital streams your local public library content: “hoopla puts your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Everywhere!”

So why is there no Sonos service for this wealth of content .. that you’ve already paid for through taxes?

I guess it’s just ‘cause people don’t realize how much content is sitting right there waiting for them to get a library card.

Anyone have a way to add hoopla digital as a sonos service?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Contact Hoopla, and ask them to look at the Sonos partners page.

That’s quite the advertisement you’ve made for these people. 

Badge

Thanks for that reference to the Sonos partners page. I’ll take your advice.

Fair point about the post - I’d tone it down, but don’t find an “Edit” option. I didn’t intend an ad, since I’m just a user, and it’s all already paid for with our taxes … so no angles at play. But I see your point - my bad.

I just wanna stream music through my speakers, and know that clever people like the NPR One guy find a way. Perhaps someone’s done that for popular library content like hoopla and freegal, as well.

In case others are also interested, I’ve tried Stream What You Hear … which kinda works, but cuts out too much to really be listenable.

I’ll suggest that they both partner with Sonos to deliver the service.

Yet another advertisement.  You aren’t fooling anyone. 

Badge

Such an odd reply and accusation! I’m just a taxpayer with a library card wanting to listen to tunes on my Sonos speakers. Nothing to sell; no one to fool.

What’s your affiliation - what’s so threatening to you about a taxpayer with a library card?

I think I know your affiliation.