Answered

Homekit Architecture Update in iOS 16.4 Airplay Not Working

• 9 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I recently upgraded my smart home to the HomeKit Architecture upgrade released in iOS 16.4 (after it was initially removed in iOS 16.2), and now my devices can not airplay to any Sonos device

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 April 2023, 12:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @klaszlogt 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This sounds much like an issue present in an earlier version of HomeKit. I recommend you factory reset one AirPlay-compatible Sonos device (say a Sonos One) and then add it to your Sonos system once more. Without adding it to HomeKit, please test AirPlay playback to it - if it works, then I can only suggest you repeat the process for your other AirPlay-compatible speakers, without adding them to HomeKit afterwards.

I hope this helps.

Hi @klaszlogt 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This sounds much like an issue present in an earlier version of HomeKit. I recommend you factory reset one AirPlay-compatible Sonos device (say a Sonos One) and then add it to your Sonos system once more. Without adding it to HomeKit, please test AirPlay playback to it - if it works, then I can only suggest you repeat the process for your other AirPlay-compatible speakers, without adding them to HomeKit afterwards.

I hope this helps.

I had this exact issue after updating my HomeKit architecture recently, and the factory reset did fix the problem.  AirPlay worked fine again.  I then tried then re-adding to HomeKit and all seems to be working as desired.  Worked on both my Play 5 and One.

Userlevel 2

I had the exact same issue after upgrading to the new “HomeKit architecture” with 2x Sonos AMPs (new generation) that are powering in-ceiling speakers.  I’d been waiting for iOS17 in the hope that it would fix the issue by itself, to no avail.

The reset procedure is a little painful as I had to hunt for some “PIN codes” underneath my AMPs that are difficult to access but in the end, it was certainly worth it as the AMPs had been bricked for several months before.  I wish Sonos would add a “reset AirPlay” feature that does just that without so much hassle...