Answered

Home and lock screen volume control on Android keep ceasing to work

• 17 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

No sooner do i fix this function (by some combination of clearing the Sonos app cache, restarting the phone, and/or deleting and reinstalling the app) than it stops functioning again.

Does anyone know the solution? Or if Sonos is in the room, can you please ask your engineers to fix this function?

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 23 June 2023, 16:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Somos,

I’ve tested with a colleague and confirmed that this feature is working, so I would recommend checking a few settings and features on your device and system. Firstly, make sure your Android OS and your Sonos app are both up to date, this can help resolve any issues with features not working as intended.

It’s possible that the lock screen controls have been disabled in the Sonos app, you can enable them by doing the following:

1. From the Settings tab, tap App Preferences.

2. Enable Show Notifications and Show Lock Screen Controls.

If this setting is enabled in your app, it’s also possible that one of the following is preventing Sonos being able to use your devices hardware volume buttons. The controls will not be available when:

• Viewing the home screen

• Another app on the device is playing music or video

• Connected to a Bluetooth audio device

• A screen reader is enabled

• Headphones are connected

• The cell phone has an active call

To test, I would recommend closing all apps and disconnecting any Bluetooth devices, then only use the Sonos app before locking the device to test lock screen controls. If this allows you to use lock screen controls again, then it’s likely one of the above options that causing the issue. If you still aren’t able to use lock screen controls, testing another Android device will also help narrow down if this is device related.

If you’re still having issues after following the above, I would recommend you reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2

Thank you. I will try these steps.