Answered

Hi-Res Streaming from Tidal?

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Dear all,
I have been a Sonos user for several years. My primary streaming service is Tidal (lossless formats, 24bit, hi-res), etc.

I am trying to get the latest information about what “hi res” formats Sonos supports from Tidal. I have read articles about 24 bit streaming from both Apple and Qobuz.

Assuming the answer is “yes” - Does it matter whether I start a song from Tidal (then “connect” it to Sonos) or whether I start the song from Sonos?

icon

Best answer by ratty 7 September 2023, 20:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

To be honest I’m unsure whether Tidal can stream in 24-bit on Sonos, and this article doesn’t help. Whatever Sonos can stream directly, ‘Tidal Connect’ is unlikely to offer anything better.

Sonos doesn’t support any sampling rates greater than 48kHz.

Sonos support team is saying that you are able to stream HiRes trough Tidal, but in reality this is not true. The highest quality that you can stream from Tidal trough Sonos speakers is 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. This is visible in the Tidal app when you are streaming music directly from the phone app. 

Sonos support team is saying that you are able to stream HiRes trough Tidal, but in reality this is not true. The highest quality that you can stream from Tidal trough Sonos speakers is 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. This is visible in the Tidal app when you are streaming music directly from the phone app. 

Thanks. I do not see where it shows format when streaming from the iPhone app. Where should I be looking for this information ?

Ok. I’m switching to Qobuz I guess.