Skip to main content
Question

Help !!!!!!! These updates are killing my system and my will to live !!!!

• 6 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Why cant they just stop messing with Sonos !!!!!!!

I have an original system used as a surround system for the TV and grouped with other rooms.

I bought this due to being able to play directly from my phone around the home and spent alot of money on this system only to find that now after some years this function has been taken away and now the library is no longer available from my PC !!!!!!!

I very nearly bought the Bose system but for the fact that the Sonos was truly wireless, except the power leads of course, I cant even use the old software to run the system from my phone which worked perfectly until the update.

I settled for having to use my desktop to now play music around the home but the new update has now removed my library from the system and will not allow me to reinstal it.

Can anyone tell me of a way to go back to the old software or a way to get the system to play my music library from the PC again ????

I am at a loss here and strongly recommend anyone to think hard before spending good money on a Sonos system as they dont really seem to care about the customers with an older but very expensive and in good working order system with their updates.

Guess they want you to keep buying newer components and update your speakers, soundbar and subs to match their newer software.

Please let there be someone who end my pain with the solution !!!!

3 replies

Are there any error messages?

yes (913)  but i cant find this code fault ????

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

yes (913)  but i cant find this code fault ????

Hi @Allportski, this post may explain your Error 913 …

https://en.community.sonos.com/advanced%2Dsetups%2D229133/how%2Ddo%2Di%2Dadd%2Dmy%2Dnas%2Dto%2Dmusic%2Dlibrary%2Don%2Dnew%2Dapp%2D6892451?postid=16761472#post16761472

… and this post has a solution if your music library is on a Windows machine …

Last but not least, if you are on Android reverting to the v16.1 is reasonably straightforward. If you are on iOS, checkout out the SonoPhone app which is a bargain at $3.