Answered

Help disconnecting Sonos

• 8 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I use airplay to connect my phone to my sonos. When using Pandora to stream music, I simply go into the menu in the Pandora app and select the speakers I want to connect with, and my speaker would play only what was on the Pandora app. Recently, within the last 6 months or so, Sonos has begun to stay connected, even when music is stopped/paused, and will play any audio that my phone is playing. For example, my wife is streaming music to our speaker and opens up instagram. Instead of hearing music, I hear whatever video she happens to be playing. This is very annoying - is there a way to go back to the way it was, and stop sonos from playing all audio from my phone? I imagine this could be an apple issue as well, but thought I would start here. Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 May 2023, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Your description sounds like you’re using Airplay, which will play any sound your phone is making. You however also state you are using the Pandora app to play to the speakers, which means you are not using Airplay. Can you explain how you are using your phone/system?

Thanks for the reply 106rallye. To answer your question - I am using the pandora app on my iOS device. It has the option of streaming to Sonos through AirPlay that is integrated into the app. See photos for explanation, AirPlay option is circled. I find this much easier than using the actual Sonos app, as pandora is the only Music service I currently use. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In that respect Pandora differs from Spotify, that I use. Spotify has it’s own way to cast to speakers. I must say I haven’t noticed any change in Airplay behavior myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TommoTTommoT 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It sounds like Pandora used to disconnect AirPlay when no longer being used, but doesn’t anymore. I recommend you contact Pandora directly in regards to the behaviour of their app, as what you describe is expected behaviour when AirPlay is connected.

I hope this helps.