Question

Have to re-add Apple Music every day

• 31 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Ever since the new Sonos app came out earlier this year, every day that I open it, my Apple Music service account has been removed, so every day, I have to add it back to my Sonos account. Why is this happening and is there a way to make it stop so it stays linked to my Apple Music account permanently?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That seems odd, as you suspect, it’s not supposed to be that way. And I can’t think of a way that could happen, either, so I’ll suggest a couple of things. 

First, unplug all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug in the Sonos devices back to power. 

I’d be interested if that fixes the issue. However, if it doesn’t, I would submit two system diagnostics, one while the Apple Music account is connected, and then another one when it is gone. Either post the two numbers here, or better yet, call Sonos Support to discuss it. 

There’s a good chance that by comparing the two, the Sonos reps will be able to figure out what is going on.