Have issues playing one of my Amazon playlist

• 14 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I have 6 playlist on Amazon that I listen to using my Sonos system. I can play 5 of the playlist with no issues but lately 1 of the 6 playlist will not play.  I get the msg, Requested Operation Failed.

This has never been an issue till 2 wks ago

I have already updated Sonos and reauthorized Amazon Music.

Does anyone know what I can try.  Could it be I have too many songs in the playlist.  I have approx 200 songs but it’s never been an issue before.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @smiley4hire,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us about your concern and letting us know what you have done so far.

Let me ask a few questions to help you out with this.

1. Do you get other error messages aside from "Requested Operation Failed"? What's the error message?
2. Is your Amazon Music playlists in the Sonos app match with the playlist on your Amazon Music App/Website?
2. Do you experience the issue with other music services?
4. Have you tried removing and re-adding the Amazon music service on the Sonos app?

Please let us know how you get on with the questions above and then run a diagnostic report from your Sonos system. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

#4 helps me a lot both playlists and stations saved to favorites quit working when Amazon fiddles something on their end.

If I go back and add the non-working list/station again I end up with two icons, sometimes with slightly different names. One works the other fails.

1. No other msg or code,Just Requested operation failed. Please try again
  2. They appear the same to me
  3. No other issues with other music services.  Also I have other Amazon playlist that still play with no issues
  4. I’ve only tried reauthorizing
Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @smiley4hire,

Thank you for your response and for updating us. 

At this point, I recommend reaching out to our phone support team for further assistance and to provide the best recommendations regarding this concern.

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Can you provide a contact number for support

Click on the underlined words in her post. 

Then click on Visit Support Center.

Then click on Other Contact Options.