Answered

Has anyone found a work around for the "encorrectly encoded" and related errors?

• 12 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am writing this as a some what measure after spending almost 2hrs on the phone with 2 different customer service people.  The first was helpful but didn’t resolve the issue, the 2nd was absolutley uesless and dismissive. Wow.

The short… I’ve had sonos for years, I have a large DB of songs that have played fine.  But after updating to 15.3 its a fire in the whole.  For me the problem seems random.  I can see and play most of my songs but many indicate that they are “not encoded correctly”.  Also MANY of the songs don’t even show up in search, even though they are only my NAS and can be played if accessed directly.    I’ hav deleted files, and uploaded new versions and nothing gives.  Its just random and thats the worst part about it!  My song collection is largely from CD rips and purchases from various sites.  I do not use apple.music.   The punch line… all of this was a none-issue before upgrading to 15.3

I have an open ticket number #[removed] and I would appereciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks

Moderator edit: removed case number as it’s identifying information

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 May 2023, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PrivatePlace 

Thanks for your post!

I’ve asked for your case to be reviewed to see if we could have handled things better - thanks for reporting! Apologies if your experience was less than great.

As for the issue you report, I can only really suggest getting back in touch - real-time diagnostics will be needed to find a fast resolution for you.

For your information, if the same tracks don’t consistently report that they are incorrectly encoded, then it is highly likely that interference is disrupting transmission of the file and is responsible for the errors in the received data. I recommend a read of our Reducing wireless interference help page with a mind to reduce interference near your speakers and your router (or Access Points).

I hope this helps.