Skip to main content
Question

Grouping speakers

• 20 July 2024
  • 0 replies

Since downloading the new app in May, I can no longer listen to a music source through AirPlay in different rooms using a mixture of Sonos airplay and non-AirPlay enabled speakers.  For background:

• I can still group all my speakers, new and old a listen to music direct from the Sonos app.
  • But if I want to listen to an external source (eg BBC Sounds), I used to AirPlay from the BBC Sounds app to my Sonos Playbase and then group the Playbase to two other older Sonos Play: 1s.  I could then listen to the BBC app on all three speakers.
  • If I try to do this now, the audio only plays on the Playbase.  Even though the three speakers still show as grouped (yellow ticks) on the app only the Playbase has the moving audio bars icon.
  • I can still group the speakers and listen to airplay through the group if I use the Sonos app on my PC which I haven’t updated so I know it’s the new app and not a problem with my setup.
  • I have a single router and two Ethernet access points connected directly to that router to extend the signal around the house.

Does anybody know if this is going to be fixed in a future update or if there is a workaround to help me?

Thanks

0 replies

Be the first to reply!