Skip to main content

Recently updated iPad to iOS 18 now although Global Player is showing on Music Services it will not play any music. In addition can’t add the new Rayo App it just tells me that I am not connected to the internet. I know the system is works as I can play music from Spotify and from BBC Sounds.

Have you tried removing the Global Player Music Service and re-adding?

No I not tried as that’s how I lost the connection to the Rayo App which I had on my iPad but now I can’t add it back into my music services. I would also add that the same problem has occurred on my Windows desktop.

I've mentioned the same thing here 

Okay well there are no reported issues: https://status.sonos.com/

Can you check that your address and location in your Sonos profile on www.sonos.com is correct?

As mentioned, finding the same thing so not account specific, the stations play OK on other apps, and those same services stopped working a month or so ago. One thing specific to the affected services on Sonos is that its not possible to log into an account, but doing that is needed on other apps.

As mentioned, finding the same thing so not account specific, the stations play OK on other apps, and those same services stopped working a month or so ago. One thing specific to the affected services on Sonos is that its not possible to log into an account, but doing that is needed on other apps.

There have been some instances of this being location driven in the past so it’s worth checking.  If this isn’t the cause then you’ll need to call Sonos Support tomorrow.

Location does make sense, but updating info hasnt helped in this case and BBC is OK - this is something that just stopped working. AFAIK Classic FM isnt region locked if you log into their app. Re-adding the service is another good idea but this might mean re-adding favourites and changing favourite list numbering impacts connected services like Smartthings.

Same problem here , Rayo ( Greatest Hits Radio ) over Sonos used all day yesterday, today no connection , deleted Rayo from Sonos , tried reinstalling Rayo to Sonos now just getting “ check internet connection “ no issues on that front , same as others will play from GHR app direct no issues , loge out of Sonos , Rayo etc and reset Sonos app , logged back  in , no better , all regional settings in Sonos account fine . It just stopped working this morning . Also IOS 18 update on Friday . Having to play GHR from tunein with adverts when I’ve got Rayo premium . This isn’t an isolated issue . 

Come on Sonos / Rayo if you monitor the community please sort this out . 

Come on Sonos / Rayo if you monitor the community please sort this out . 

The forum is monitored but week days only.

4.30pm , and just like magic it’s all good again , tried successfully to attach Rayo account to Sonos and it worked straight away , whether or not it was a planned outage to work on something or not is anyone’s guess , but all good my end now . 

MAGIC Rayo and Global Player now working.