Skip to main content
Question

getting my Sonos working again

• 24 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have 2 systems in 2 different houses and both have stopped working. When I open the app and try to play a song from my playlist nothing happens. At one house it says I have to reinstall the system. 

should I delete the app and reinstall?  Please advise. 

thanks

1 reply

There just isn’t enough information here to begin to figure out what might be going on. 

Where I would start is temporarily wiring a single Sonos device to your router with an Ethernet cable. This device should not be a surround speaker or a subwoofer, but any other Sonos device should be fine. Note, however, that later Sonos devices that don’t operate off of SonosNet (Roams, Moves) will likely not show up. At that point, depending on your network, the system should show up on your controller (be it S1 or S2, you haven’t said). Then, I would likely first check for updates, and apply them to both your controller, and both homes, then submit a system diagnostic from each home, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. You don’t have to do both in the same call, the chances are high that they’ll want you to do something to the system, and if you’re not in the right location, it will become hard. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.