GARBAGE May 7th release of iOS App

Userlevel 3

Dear Sonos,

Your High School programming interns really screwed the pooch this time.

Roll it back please.  The summer is upon us and I dont  want my $1,100 sound system rendered useless.

Pay for actual software engineering professionals next time round.

10 replies

Userlevel 1

this update is horrible. it takes 3 menus deep before you can change the EQ instead of it being next to the volume slider like before. Not to mention countless other features taken away

Userlevel 1

Absolutely awful. Can’t add songs to queue- can’t delete songs from gueue. 
This is a disaster 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No interns were involved - only 100‰ genuine program writers

See below ⬇️🔥🔥🔥

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

In addition to capable software engineers, they should hire a decent UI designer as well

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The app just killed their competitive advantage - the Sonos ecosystem. It has rendered my 20 active Sonos products into a iPod Shuffle with Streaming Service algorithm. They should do the right thing and make the Gold S2 App available again on App Store. The trust installed in these guardians is dying, and so too will their company. 

I have been a Sonos user for a long time.

i bought Sonos so i could link my iTunes Library and play my own music library through the speakers, I have added speakers throughout this time and everything has been great and always improving………until now!

What have you done???

Where is the search for your own music library, classic search on the previous update.

Put it back now!

Everything is totally awful, roll this update back ASAP.

“You can select classic or new search” oh you can can you? And how exactly when there are no menus that look remotely like your help screens you publish in your faq?!!!
Like others I updated (automatically though the option now disabled- even though I am pretty sure it was disabled before) and am presented with a new layout and what turned out to be a help screen at the bottom half of my screen with no idea what it was or how to navigate it (maybe a ‘next’ arrow would be in order!). 

Finally got past it only to find my play history deleted (REALLY SONOS WAS IT TOO DIFFICULT TO PRESERVE?). 

Then to cap it off I find my local music library is not only NOT visible, it can’t even be searched to find my personally recorded original songs. What an absolute clusterf*^k!!

Give us the ability to revert to the previous version - fortunately my other iOS devices have not (and will not) be ‘upgraded’ to this brick of an app. 

Très très décevante cette nouvelle application ! Beaucoup de ralentissement, un démarrage inconstant et j'en passe...

Pourquoi mettre une nouvelle application non fiable et non finalisée en place? La précédente était déjà moins bien que celle d'avant...il est urgent de se reprendre!

This new app is not a user experience issue it’s a total fail. Please for the love of god roll back! 

basic functionality like playing a song on a determined speaker - not possible! 

edit: actually, I think it’s timing out because the lag is so bad. It thinks away and does nothing but on the 6th attempt it magically works..

you need some serious focus on lag! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

No interns were involved - only 100‰ genuine program writers

See below ⬇️🔥🔥🔥

And no ex blackberry ceo