Skip to main content
Question

finding my local music library on my mac

• 26 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have the latest release of the Sonos app on my iPhone. The relaxers notes say that it will now enable me to find my local music library on my Mac which is running Catalina. I have followed all the instructions on both Apple help and Sonos help. I still cannot add my music library  to my Sonos system. I am so frustrated as I have a large music library of ripped CDs and I cannot play them on my Sonos system. Can anyone help please.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @chris arnold , thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you have run into these issues with your local music library.

You mentioned having followed instructions on setting up the share, are you referring to this page:  Share your macOS music folder with Sonos

Can you tell me whether you see ay particular error messages when trying to set up the music library?

With issues of this type, it can often be helpful to contact our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.