Skip to main content

Please, for the love of God, include some way to make it more difficult to click the “Replace Queue” button on the SONOS S1 Controller app. Like, perhaps an “are you sure?” popup, or some way so one accidental click of the button doesn’t just destroy an entire queue. An undo button would also be a great shout.

It’s infuriating when you compile a large queue, then accidentally click that button and all your hard work is undone.

Nothing is going to change in the S1 app, all four are feature frozen. Your request is at least three years too late.

@controlav Thanks for your reply, although the attitude wasn’t necessary.

Our device is only configured to work using the S1 controller, so I guess we can’t hope for any sort of change unless we get a new device.

Thanks for clarifying that the controller will never be updated. Out of curiosity, does the S2 controller have the same issue of having the “Replace Queue” button having no “safety”?

Is there anything you’d recommend to avoid this issue in the future?

@controlav Thanks for your reply, although the attitude wasn’t necessary.

Thanks for clarifying that the controller will never be updated. Out of curiosity, does the S2 controller have the same issue of having the “Replace Queue” button having no “safety”?

The S2 mobile app doesn’t support the Queue at all right now, so it doesn’t even have that option.

The S2 desktop app is pretty much identical to the S1 app so Replace Queue works in exactly the same way.

@controlav Well in that case, my feature request then applies to the S2 app as well if the two behave in the same way for the queue.

S2 is broken in so many ways, be happy that you are on S1 and I recommend staying put as long as possible.