Skip to main content
Answered

Favorites on Android app disabled after update

• 2 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I just noticed that there was a Sonos app on Android update.  The icon is now black and functionality has changed.    You can see in the screenshot below they are slightly visible but greyed out.  This was right after I rebooted my routers and phone.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I just noticed that there was a Sonos app on Android update.  The icon is now black and functionality has changed.    You can see in the screenshot below they are slightly visible but greyed out.  This was right after I rebooted my routers and phone.

I have the exact same problem with grayed-out Sonos Favorites on the new Android app, and it is super frustrating. I’ve tried re-adding the favorites “from scratch” and no joy.

Happily (so to speak) you can sideload the perfectly functional v16.1 Android app …

• Delete the Sonos app
  • Go to APKMirror and search for the Sonos S2 app, specifically version 16.1
  • Download and install the .apk file
  • Turn off auto updates in the Google Play store

I had the same problem. It's such a shame how badly designed the whole Sonos app experience is. I own no similar product where I'm constantly frustrated and troubleshooting problems.

I can confirm that rolling back to version 16.1 fixed the problem for me, and it's (almost) reassuring to see that old yellow app, as it was less bad than the update.

Just do follow the instructions above and don't skip uninstalling the newer app first. I tried installing 16.1 without uninstalling the newer app and ran into errors.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

We have no ability to rollback on IOS, just stuck with an app that’s horribly designed. It’s just plain bad. So many issues with it, why did anyone think this was ready?