Skip to main content
Answered

Error when playing YouTube Music on Sonos (701)

• 12 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

Since the last two days I have problems to play my uploaded music from my YouTube Music free account. When I try to play a song the Sonos app says

“Fehler beim Hinzufügen von Titeln zur Liste (701)” (maybe “Error adding songs to list (701)” in English?)

I already tried to remove the YouTube Music service and re-added it.

Do you know what I can do to solve this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @POWVorti, welcome to the Sonos Community!

This error is usually caused by network issues, so first I would recommend you reboot your network and Sonos system. You’ll want to reboot everything by powering it off for around 1-2 minutes in this order:

Router → Additional networking equipment → Sonos speakers → Controller running the Sonos app.

Once you’ve done that, check if you are still receiving Error 701. If the error persists, please check the steps in our article for reducing wireless interference, as well as changing the wireless channel of your router or the SonosNet channel if you have a wired device.

If none of the above steps help, please reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting. They can take a diagnostics of your system and have the tools to assist you in resolving this.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your answer. After I contacted your colleagues I found out, that my Adguard Server caused the problem. It seems that there is something blocked in communication that should not be blocked. After disabling it, I am able to play songs again.

When I find out, what URL caused the error, I will post it…

My system suddenly blocked URLs looking like this:

rr5---sn-4g5edndk.c.youtube.com

After disabling this URLs from the block list I can use my Adguard system again.